Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Plan

Well here's the plan, people. If anyone's checking this blog at all anymore, you're aware that I haven't bothered to post anything for quite a while. There's something about posting personal experiences and feelings for the whole internet to read (things I do try to write about in my journals) that makes the blogging thing a little more complicated. Plus, at ProMusica anyway, I was almost more afraid of gossiping too much about the people in the organization or just the state of things because I don't know that they really want that kind of information out there. So from now on, I'm going to try to write once or twice a week completely separate from any journal so that anyone who wants knows I'm alive and what I'm up to, but if I want to keep some thoughts and fears and opinions between me and my journal reader, then then that is where they'll stay.

For this Walkabout, for which I will be leaving in an hour or so, I will be living at Acorn Community, an intentional, egalitarian community, in Mineral Virginia. It seems that I'll be doing household type chores, helping in the garden where most of the food grows, and helping with their seed business. But really, I don't have a great idea of what I'll be doing at all (heck what does any of that mean, right?) and even though that kind of makes me nervous, in real life that's not why I'm doing this Walkabout. The idea was just to find something entirely different to how I'm used to living and working, something out of my comfort zone. I'm uncomfortable with how comfortable I am in my own convictions and opinions of the world and my remedy is a good shaking up. So here's a whole new world of sorts and now I simply have to wait and see who I become.

No comments:

Post a Comment