Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Everything is Better With Band Class

It is Saint Patrick’s day. Yes. It is awkward to be around adults talking about the plans to go drink (or their premature celebrations due to a dance performance tonight). I got a shamrock shake at McDonald’s. That is how to celebrate Saint Patrick’s day: green food coloring. Lots of it.

Anyway, life at ProMusica was actually pretty normal. No more stinky sewers, anyway. I needed to work on sending out invitations for the Student Gala, and Julia asked me to find websites for the orchestra boosters of the MIS schools. The first school on the list was Thomas Worthington. I don’t think their orchestra has a website. I don’t think Kilbourne’s does either. They must have boosters, right? I know WK’s choir has boosters, and the band clearly has boosters, so there must be someone out the supporting the orchestra, right? The sad thing is, I don’t know. The orchestra doesn’t do all that much. They have their concerts every year and that’s about it. Band has marching band, at the very least, as well as all our fun trips and what have you. Choir also goes on trips, and has done all sorts of interesting things. But I don’t know if the orchestra ever does anything but their requisite concerts for the year, and they may not need boosters for that. I wonder. I was very frustrated though, because I thought if there were any website I’d be able to find it would be Worthington’s. I’ve also gotten used to thinking that you can find anything you want on the internet if you look hard enough. I seem to have been wrong on both counts.

Sending out invitations for the student gala will be amusing for me because basically, I’m doing a mailing. I’ve pretty much made the contact spreadsheet, although Julia needs to look at it and maybe change and add some people. Then she’ll show me how to use that to print a jillion envelopes without doing what I did for Ashley where I printed each individually. I’ve already printed about 200 invitations. That involved losing a fight with the printer. I caused a paper jam and couldn’t figure out where it was. Julia had to help me. Stupid printer. After that, I get to stuff envelopes and put them through the postage machine. It’ll be like all those mailings I helped Joe and Ashley with… only mine. Bwahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment