Saturday, March 7, 2009

Epic Win!

Last night, both Worthington Kilbourne's Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble got 1's at district contest. I don't know about Symphonic, but Wind got straight 1's. Is that epic, or is that epic? So, I must say I'm in a pretty good mood right now. Good job to everyone, way to pwn that music!

It was also my last performance with Wind Ensemble. I'll be playing with them until this Walkabout's over, but there aren't any concerts between now and then. Well, if I had to choose a way to go out, it would be with last night's concert. I had several solos, but they were mostly really duets. I think I like that better in real life. I mean, I love solos and it's exciting to be the center of attention, but it's more fun getting to share that feeling. I think it increases that special tension you get beforehand, because the two of you are kind of holding each other up, and it makes the success more exciting—because it's also shared.

I do wonder what band will be like now that I'm not working on music I'll be performing with them anymore. I know this was frustrating for the Walkabout students who have already left when they did it, but… well we'll see what happens. All I want to do is play.

No comments:

Post a Comment