Saturday, February 7, 2009

More, Better, Meetings

I don't want to just copy and paste my Wednesday Journal because I don't want to get gossipy. You see, on Wednesday there was an operations meeting between Tim Russel who is ProMusica's music director, Tom who plays trumpet in ProMusica and the CSO and I think does the contracting for ProMusica as well as maybe other things, Janet who is ProMusica's executive director, Julia who is my mentor and head of operations, and me. I don't think I necessarily said anything negative, but the most interesting thing for me was the social dynamics of the meeting. Negative things were said about some people, interesting decisions and comments about musicians were made, and the atmosphere of the meeting itself had me intrigued. I suddenly was extremely excited to have this Walkabout.

I think I accidentally saved yesterday's journal over Thursday's, which is rather unfortunate. I could probably retrieve it if I wanted. But anyway, I mostly talked about my visit to Reynoldsburg High School of Musicians in the Schools. I was mistaken for the musician instead of an observing intern. (I went by myself and Julia went somewhere else.) That was… interesting. I think it was overall a good experience though and turned out pretty entertaining when Hannah, the violinist who was supposed to actually work with the students got there. The kids made me laugh. It was a quartet that's performing today at solo and ensemble. Speaking of which, good luck to everyone today with that! J

No comments:

Post a Comment